InspiredWon

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A little bit of my Background

Now Faith is being SURE of what we HOPE for, and CERTAIN of what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1)

Today is the first day of 2011. I know that this year is going to be another awesome year for me. Let me go into a bit about who I am and what has happened over the past few years. I hope to inspire you to a journey of weight loss with God's help!! 
 
If you would have saw me this same day 2 years ago, you would have saw a miserable Obese girl. For years, I had resolutions where I wanted to lose weight. I have tried multiple times to try and lose the weight, but it wasn't anything that permanent. Well, 2009 started off the same way. I made the resolution to lose the weight, but at Easter that year I was still the same size 274 pounds. Well around the end of 2008, I started turning to God. I needed something in my life because it wasn't working for me. I started reading the bible and having a relationship with God. Well by April, I wrote this letter to my fat. In this letter, I said I'm through with you. I'm done with you. I don't want you in my life anymore. You were my best friend, but I can't live with you anymore. I want something better for myself and I'm tired of being so miserable. So, after I wrote that I wrote God. I said God I'm so sick of being fat, I don't want to be fat anymore. Well, by May 5th God started giving me the inspiration and motivation to start this journey to shed the fat.
 
That first day May 5th, I did my first exercise to start the journey. I started that night with lunges. I think it's called a standing lunge. LOL not sure. Anyway, I did 25 of those for each leg. Let me tell you days later my body felt that one. I think I did a little bit to much at once. I wasn't able to move much or anything. So, the next time I did it, I decided I would do 10 per leg. That was a bit better. Still sore, but able to function.  
 
Another thing that I did was cut back on Soda. That was one of my main problems. You see I could drink a bunch of soda. Like a 32 ounce from a famous fast food chain in like a minute. So I down sized my soda intake to take myself off. What I did was limited myself to two sodas a day. One soda at lunch and one at Supper. After doing this a few weeks, I did it again, but only allowed myself to drink one soda at supper. After a few weeks, I did it again, but was only allowed myself to drink soda whenever I ate out on Fridays. Then I stopped all together. I drink about 6 or 8 big glasses of water each day.
 
I was so excited and was turning to God thanking him so much for everything that he was doing for me. He was the one that was providing me with the motivation to keep going. I couldn't have did it without him.
 
Along the journey, I decided to take pictures of my face to watch the progress. At first I was not seeing anything, but as the weeks went by you could start to see a slight difference here and there. 
 
There is more to come (To Be Continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment